Ever put password on the user account of your laptop and days later on got locked out either losing or forgetting the password. No need to panic. Because there’s still hope. Read on to find the easy solution.
Forgetting or losing your password on your laptop can be very frustrating; however the situation could be completely alleviated if you always have a password reset disk handy.
Simple Steps to Create a Password Reset Disk:
Once you have put password on your user account, logout and then login again using your password.
1) Click Control Panel
2) Click User Accounts and Family Safety
3) Click User Account
4) Insert a formatted flash drive
5) Click Password reset disk in the left pane.
6) When the Forgotten Password Wizard appears, click Next.
7) Select your USB flash drive and then click Next.
8) When the option for Current User Account Password comes up, you can skip and click Next.
9) When the Progress bar reaches 100%, click Next and then click Finish.
10) When the required disk has been created, remove the disk and store it in a safe place.
Using the appropriate created disk when you forget the password for your account, you will have the option of putting a new password directly and confirming it also. And then there you go you have a new known password for the needed account of your laptop.
This kind of disk only works for local accounts (not domain accounts). Also if you use such a disk, you can use the same disk again in the future without the need to update it.
Creating a password reset disk will work well for Windows Vista/ Windows 7/ Windows 8/ Windows 10.
Now as a precaution, you should create such a disk as soon as you have authenticated your user account so that while you still know your password, you can login to create the required disk. And then use the disk to your advantage when you have forgotten or lost the password and can’t login inside.
There are various other methods you can find online to reset the authentication of your account but they may be longer and trickier. Creating a password reset disk the way I have shown is one of the easiest and most convenient methods. So take advantage of it so that you don’t get yourself locked out in the event that you do lose your password.